Wednesday 23 September 2009

In Limbo






Those who may have been following the exploits of The Troublesome Hip may be forgiven for assuming that I had recently lost the will to blog. Since my last post I have been through a strange limbo like state, as the longed for appointment with the orthopaedic consultant gradually drew nearer. My mind has been preoccupied with too many thoughts and speculations such as



  • Are my painkillers really addictive?



  • Is one of my legs now shorter than the other?



  • How far will I be able to walk in six months time?



  • Will I like the consultant?



Everyone I meet seems to have had either a hip replacement, know the consultant, be a physiotherapist (scary!) or have sorry tales of woe to tell about others' experiences. I even spoke on the phone with someone whose wife had two hip replacements done at the same time and didn't recover for eighteen months. I think this is what is known as 'information overload'!




Finally yesterday arrived; I kept my appointment and finally emerged from my state of limbo. I have new bedside reading material and my thoughts are now on limbo dancing!







1 comment:

  1. Keep taking those painkillers and I am sure all will be well! xx

    ReplyDelete