Tuesday 11 May 2010

She who dares ......

I realise that almost a month has passed since my last blog. No reason really but it may reflect the way life has settled down as a hipster. However significant improvements continue to take me by surprise and therefore others, facing a hip replacement, may be encouraged by my recent log of achievements.



  • The other day I ran indoors spontaneously as it began to rain. I contemplated running a marathon too...not for long BUT the thought was there!

  • When I rose from a chair yesterday I no longer needed to stand for a few seconds to collect my muscular strength before walking.

  • Getting in and out of the car is a doddle and I managed the long drive down to our French home with minimal stiffness.

  • I can now lift quite heavy items and carry them without pain.


But best of all is what I managed to do this morning. I was feeling a bit daring do... WPH says he is glad to see this aspect of my personality re-emerging. I decided to throw caution to the wind and handed him the camera....


And here is the evidence. I can SQUAT! Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment