Sunday 30 August 2009

An Unexpected Bonus

Waking in the middle of the night or in the early hours is par for the course with a troublesome hip, so it is very important to develop strategies for passing the waking time. There is of course a limit to the number of cups of tea which can be made and consumed quietly and also the frequency of the requisite trips to the bathroom which follow....

I used to turn on my Roberts radio at low volume to while away the time but this wasn't always ideal. Hearing it was rather hit and miss depending on the programme and which ear I had near the radio. BUT now I have found a wonderful solution thanks to daughter number 1. She recommended I bought a pillow speaker and having tried hers for a night I was soon online to Amazon! This amazing device can be used with a radio or MP3 player and it means you can really hear a discussion, news bulletins, music, podcasts or whatever takes your fancy without disturbing the person who is sleeping peacefully next to you.

What a bonus! I now know so much about the Great Bustard which has been reintroduced to Britain after a gap of 177 years....

No comments:

Post a Comment