Wednesday 14 October 2009

Hideaway

When hurt, animals instinctively hide away to lick their wounds. I understand perfectly as HR day draws nearer. Maybe today's fixing of new blinds in my temporary 'bedroom to be' suddenly gives the room a sense of being apart from the real world; somewhere for me to retreat to as I find my feet again on my return home from hospital. At the moment the room is home to three wine racks - is this really appropriate for a convalescent?- an oak dining table and eight oak chairs. Temporary storage space has been found but final conversion to bedroom status is still two weeks away. At the moment the room lacks warmth and not just because the radiator is turned off. It needs family photos, books, subtle lighting and much more. WPH will come up trumps I know.... in his head he tells me he has a vision of a cosy boudoir!






1 comment:

  1. Ooh, putting my mind to something I can make for your new boudoir.

    And I am sure the wine on those wine racks would be medicinal.

    ReplyDelete