Sunday 15 November 2009

A weekend of outings

It is great to feel I am returning to normal life, (whatever that may be). I took my first car journey as a passenger yesterday morning when we went up to Headington to Waitrose. Although I sat in the car while WPH went to purchase Greek yoghurt, the outing provided me with a welcome change of scene as well as an opportunity to people watch. I even spotted two former parents from school in the car park!

It was also good to use my coveted blue badge for the first time. I applied to the County Council for the badge in October having filled in a lengthy form, downloaded from the internet. One of the questions which I had to answer was to estimate the time it took me to walk 100 metres. My GP was contacted to verify my statements and then I waited to hear if my application had been successful. It seemed appropriate that the badge came through the post on the day following my operation...I know that I will appreciate the benefits of the blue badge to enable me to access otherwise inaccessible places during my recuperation.

In the afternoon we went to see and cuddle baby Ben. He is thriving and seems to be settling into a good routine of waking and sleeping. He is a month old today and life would seem strange without him now.



I have managed two walks today; the first this morning around the block and the second meandering slowly through the streets of Woodstock after enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and a toasted teacake in the Blenheim Tea Rooms. Life is definitely returning to normal at last!

2 comments:

  1. Earl grey tea and a toasted teacake sound like a well deserved treat for recuperating a hip - lovely to hear you are doing well, take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear everything went well and that your recovery is going so well too!
    Don't over do it mind!
    Take care
    G
    xx

    ReplyDelete